Planning An Event? Henderson County TDA can Help!
- All kinds of groups: choose Hendersonville as a destination for weddings, family reunions, corporate training and outings, car club tours, church trips, sports groups, veterans’ reunions, religious retreats and more. The area also hosts many motor coach tours each year.
- Why Hendersonville is a great destination: Hendersonville is a beautiful family-friendly mountain community – still a small town, but one with a wide diversity of activities and amenities. Long known as the “City of Four Seasons”, Hendersonville and surrounding mountain areas have been a tourist destination for well over a century. The climate is moderate, with mild winters, as dogwoods blend into well-watered summers, a long apple harvest season, and gorgeous fall colors.
- A Variety of Lodging: With over 1,900 guest rooms in Henderson County there is something for every group, ranging from corporate hotels to luxurious bed & breakfasts and to rustic cottages and cabins. We can help you connect with the accommodations that best fit your group’s size, purpose and itinerary.
- Group activities: Hendersonville offers shopping and dining on Historic Main Street; the Flat Rock Playhouse’s two stages; nearby hiking, rafting and zip lining; family-friendly museums and historic sites (many free of charge or modestly priced); wineries, breweries, cideries and agritourism; apple orchards; downtown festivals; free summertime music events and more.
- Group Sales Inventory: an invaluable free resource guide for groups – lodging, attractions, venues, meeting facilities, event and conference centers, and restaurants that can accommodate groups, caterers, guides, transportation and other services – regularly updated and available through this website or by contacting the Group Sales Coordinator.
- Start your exploration here: Let Hendersonville be your starting point for half-day and day trips to many nearby attractions: Biltmore Estate, North Carolina Arboretum, Chimney Rock Park, Lake Lure, Pisgah National Forest, Brevard Music Center, Cherokee Indian Reservation / Harrah’s Casino, Blue Ridge Parkway or DuPont State Recreational Forest. The picturesque mountain towns of Asheville, Brevard and Saluda are all within a half hour’s drive. Make Hendersonville your hub over overnight stays, then go exploring in all directions.
- Free consultation available: Henderson County TDA Group Sales Coordinator will work with you to find just the right mix of locations and services for your group’s visit. The TDA offers suggestions tailored to your specific needs, group size and budget, or help you come up with an itinerary that will delight your group. The TDA welcomes inquiries from any size group!
- Motorcoach services: the Visitor Center is open 7 days a week and provides designated motor coach parking, adjacent to Main Street, as well as large restrooms, visitor information, Wi-Fi, souvenirs, drinks and snacks. The Visitor Center staff is available to provide a free step-on welcome to your group. Detailed step-on tours are available for a fee, with advanced reservations.
Contact the Visitor Center Group Sales Coordinator to learn what Hendersonville has to offer your group.
Download: Henderson County Group Sales Inventory
For additional information please contact:
Michael Arrowood, Group Sales Coordinator
Henderson Country Tourism Development Authority
201 South Main Street
Hendersonville, NC 28792
800-828-4244 or (828) 693-9708