Planning An Event?
Henderson County Tourism Development Authority can Help!
- Hendersonville is a delightful destination. Hendersonville is a beautiful, family-friendly mountain community – still a small town in a lot of ways, but one that boasts an unusually wide diversity of activities and amenities for visitors. Long known as the “City of Four Seasons”, Hendersonville and the surrounding mountain areas have been a tourist destination for well over a century. The climate is moderate, with mostly mild winters. Dogwood and azalea blossoms blend into well-watered summers, a long apple harvest season and gorgeous fall colors. There is plenty to do all year long, for day trips or overnight stays.
- FREE consultation available. The Visitor Center’s Group Sales Coordinator will work with you to find just the right combinations of locations and services for your group’s visit. We can help you in person, by phone or by email. The Group Sales Coordinator offers suggestions tailored to your specific needs, group size and budget. He can also help you create an itinerary that will delight your group and enhance your visit. The Visitor Center welcomes inquiries from groups of any size.
- All kinds of groups: Each year Hendersonville welcomes weddings, family reunions, bus tour groups, church group tours and retreats, sports teams, corporate groups, veterans, motorcycle and car clubs, cyclists – and more. We make your group planning easy – and we’ll help make your visit memorable once you arrive.
- Hendersonville offers a wide variety of lodging. With over 2,500 guest rooms in Henderson County, we have the right place to stay for every group, ranging from corporate and independent hotels to luxurious bed & breakfasts or rustic cottages and cabins. We refer visitors to all local accommodations, so we can connect you with the accommodations that best fit your group’s size, purpose, budget and itinerary.
- Group activities: Hendersonville offers shopping and dining on Historic Main Street; the Flat Rock Playhouse’s professional stage company; nearby hiking, rafting and zip lining; family-friendly museums and historic sites (many free of charge or modestly priced); 15 wineries, breweries and cideries; 20 apple orchards open to the public, and other agritourism opportunities; downtown festivals; free summertime music events, live music every week, and more.
- Use our Group Planning Directory. An invaluable FREE resource for any group organizer – find local lodging, attractions, venues, meeting facilities, event and conference centers, and restaurants that can accommodate groups, as well as caterers, guides, transportation and other services – regularly updated and available for download on this page or by contacting the Group Sales Coordinator.
- Begin your exploration with us. Let Hendersonville be your starting point for day trips to many nearby attractions: Biltmore Estate, the North Carolina Arboretum, Chimney Rock Park, Lake Lure, Pisgah National Forest, the Brevard Music Center, the Cherokee Indian Reservation / Harrah’s Casino, the Blue Ridge Parkway or DuPont State Recreational Forest. The picturesque mountain destinations of Asheville, Brevard and Saluda are all within a half hour’s drive. Make Hendersonville your destination for overnight stays, then go exploring in all directions!
- Motorcoach services: The Visitor Center is next door to Main Street shopping and dining (25 local eateries). We’re open 7 days a week and provide designated bus parking, large restrooms, visitor information, free Wi-Fi, a well-stocked gift shop, drinks and snacks.
- Take a tour with a local guide. The Visitor Center has a Step-On Guide Service that can take your group around the Hendersonville area, either on a pre-planned itinerary or a customized tour. Every group receives a free “meet & greet” at the Visitor Center, and we can make welcome packets of information for you upon request. Longer tours of ½ hour, 1 hour, 2 hours or more are available for a modest fee. Contact the Group Sales Coordinator to set up your tour!
Contact the Visitor Center Group Sales Coordinator to learn what Hendersonville has to offer your group.
For additional information contact:
Michael Arrowood, Group Sales Coordinator
Henderson Country Tourism Development Authority
201 South Main Street
Hendersonville, NC 28792
800-828-4244 or (828) 693-9708