Cider, Wine & Dine Weekend
April 15 – 18, 2021
The Cider, Wine & Dine Weekend features Henderson County wineries and cideries partnering together to create a signature weekend surrounded by all things cider, wine and food! It is an action-packed weekend filled with artisan hard cider, award-winning wines, a variety of food, educational programs, live music, facility tours and more.
Henderson County’s rich history in agriculture and wonderful climate makes the area ideal for the growing of a variety of apples and grapes. Henderson County is home to North Carolina’s newest wine country, the Crest of the Blue Ridge American Viticulture Area. The wineries produce classic wines from European vinifera grapes and French-American hybrid grapes, as well as sweeter wines crafted from grapes native to North Carolina.
The Cider, Wine & Dine Weekend will allow people to spread out and follow CDC and state-mandated guidelines for cleaning, social distancing and limiting crowd size.
2021 Cider, Wine & Dine Participants
- Appalachian Ridge Artisan Hard Cider – the taproom is in a repurposed barn, surrounded by family-owned apple orchards – specializing in Normandy-style hard cider, brandy and pommeau, 749 Chestnut Gap Rd., Hendersonville, 828-699-7507
- Bold Rock Hard Cider – the North Carolina facility of one of America’s leading hard cider producers – in the heart of the scenic farm country of the Mills River Valley, located at 72 School House Rd., Mills River 828-595-9940
- Burntshirt Vineyards Chimney Rock – this beautiful new tasting room and bistro has views of both Chimney Rock and Hickory Nut Falls, Located at 438 Main St., Chimney Rock, 828-436-2490
- Burntshirt Vineyards Hendersonville – a beautiful, estate winery and event center that overlooks their celebrated vineyards, 2695 Sugarloaf Rd., Hendersonville, 828-685-2402
- Marked Tree Vineyard – offers 10 wine varieties made with European vinifera and French-American hybrid grapes in a picturesque setting, surrounded by panoramic views, 623 Deep Gap Road, Flat Rock, 828-513-3773
- Point Lookout Vineyard & World’s Edge Meadery – take in 30-mile views from an elevation of 3,000 feet atop Point Lookout Mountain while you taste a variety of wines and mead, 408 Appleola Road, Hendersonville, 828-393-5793
- Saint Paul Mountain Vineyards – the winery and tasting room are nestled between orchards and vineyards, 588 Chestnut Gap Rd., Hendersonville, 828-685-4002
- Saint Paul Mountain Vineyards Flat Rock – this new tasting room and cafe, founded by Saint Paul Mountain Vineyards, is located in the historic Village of Flat Rock, 2698-C Greenville Hwy., Flat Rock, 828-551-4491
- Sawyer Springs Vineyard – enjoy award-winning wines grown and processed right on the same location as the rustic tasting barn at this laid-back, family-run winery, 124 Sandy Hill Lane, Hendersonville, 828-698-4383
- Stone Ashe Vineyards – this state-of-the-art tasting room rests on a bluff overlooking a pond surrounded by vineyards, 736 Green Mountain Road, Hendersonville, NC 28792, 828-551-5643
Many events are free. Some events require tickets or reservations, which can be made by contacting the individual venue. Due to COVID-19 the event schedule may change, check back often for updates.
Make a Weekend of It!
North Carolina is the 7th largest apple-producing state in the nation, and Henderson County is the largest apple-producing county in North Carolina, producing 85 percent of all the apples grown in the state, including more than 40 varieties of apples. The Cider, Wine & Dine weekend conveniently coincides with when the apple trees are in bloom. Apple trees produce gorgeous, delicate, pink, and white spring blossoms, just waiting on the bees to start pollinating them. This is a great time of year to enjoy the Apple Country Trail, a self-guided scenic driving tour in and around Henderson County’s apple country, to enjoy the sight of the trees in bloom, and to find local apple products to purchase. Click to download the self-guided Apple Country Trail tour.
Cider, Wine & Dine Events
There are no upcoming events at this time.