Saluda Historic Depot
32 W. Main St.
Saluda, NC 28773
- Saluda’s 1903 train station houses a heritage museum highlighting the vital role of the railroad in this mountain town’s history.
- Exhibits include a diorama of the famous Saluda Grade – the steepest mainline standard gauge railroad grade in the United States – and a diorama depicting Saluda’s various railroading eras.
- Railroad artifacts.
- Videos of trains climbing the Saluda Grade.
- Admission is free.
- Scheduled tours are available.
- Open Thursday-Sunday (call for hours)