McClintock Chime Clock
located on the corner of 4th and Main Street
- The McClintock Chime Clock is located on the Old State Trust Co. building, now the Henderson County Genealogical & Historical Society, located on the corner of Main Street and 4th Avenue East. This distinctive landmark was made by the O.B. McClintock Co. of Minneapolis, dating back to 1927. The clock has been restored several times over the years, most recently in 1993 and again in 2013. The clock’s original chimes were tubes that were removed and replaced by an electronic quartz mechanism to provide a Westminster chime to strike on the hour.
- The building was designed by the well-known architect, Erle G. Stillwell. The a self-guided brochure is available at the Visitor Center or download it: