431 Main St
Chimney Rock, NC
- Chimney Rock at Chimney Rock State Park combines the best of the mountains with 75-mile panoramic views, unique biodiversity, six hiking trails ranging from kid-friendly to strenuous, and one of the tallest waterfalls on the East Coast.
- A unique 26-story elevator inside the mountain is an easy way to access the observation deck.
- The Park has been a filming location for many movies including “The Last of the Mohicans.”
- Located 18 miles east of Hendersonville.
- Check web site for hours and fees.
Burnsville, NC 28714
Mount Mitchell State Park is the highest point East of the Mississippi at 6,684 feet offering breathtaking views of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Northeast of Asheville off Blue Ridge Parkway on NC 128
- Nature Trails
- Picnic Area
Open Weather Permitting